Are you looking for ways to take part in Earth Day 2022? With this year’s theme in mind, “Invest In Our Planet”, many businesses are wondering how they can invest in helping the environment while also investing in their own company. The answer may be simpler than you might think with green cleaning services for your business. This way, your company building stays clean and you can feel good about the products and methods used to do so—allowing you to invest in the planet and in your business.
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day is an internationally recognized environmental movement that is actually considered the most observed secularity in the world. The movement originated in the United States in 1970 and has been adopted by over a billion people across the globe. Not only has Earth Day spread awareness to environmental concerns worldwide but it’s also initiated several long-lasting policies, like the Clean Air Act. Organizations have also been formed to take effective action in improving our impact on the environment.
What are Green Cleaning Products and Services?
Green cleaning is the process of using environmentally safe and non toxic cleaning solutions and methods. This is done not just for the health of the environment, but also for the health of you, your clients, and anyone else coming into your building. The main goal is to limit exposure to harmful chemicals that may cause severe damage to the ecosystem and our bodies.
Green Cleaning Products
Green cleaning products are typically made using biodegradable or recyclable packaging and organic or sustainable materials and ingredients. Some products will be labeled as Fair Trade items which means they’ve met certain environmental and labor standards. Green cleaning products typically contain:
- No chlorine
- No phosphates
- No artificial colors or fragrances
- No toxic chemicals
When it comes to choosing the best green cleaning products to use, we consider various factors such as the product’s safety rating, its list of ingredients, and how well they clean. Green cleaning products receive safety ratings to determine just how friendly they are. The EPA applies ratings to products based on how they affect the environment and human health. Typically, a quality green cleaning product will have a rating of a “B” or higher.
Green Cleaning Services
Green cleaning services use the safest and healthiest cleaning methods to ensure minimal impact on the environment. Professional janitorial companies often offer Green Cleaning Services to their commercial clients. The only difference with these services is that they utilize green cleaning products and implement the best conservation practices possible such as limiting waste.
Benefits of Green Cleaning Services
Green cleaning services come with a wide variety of benefits for you, your business, and the Earth, including:
- Healthier Environment - Some cleaning sprays have been linked to the development of respiratory diseases like asthma due to the chemicals found in these products. When green products are used to clean your building, you’ll have a much healthier, and happier, work environment for you and your employees.
- Safer Products - The list of requirements for all EPA-certified green cleaning products ensures that the solutions contain no harmful chemicals or substances. Green products contain no chlorine, phosphates, artificial colors, or artificial fragrances. These products are much safer to breathe in than traditional cleaning products.
- Cleaner Air - Green cleaning practices very closely follow guidelines set by the Clean Air Act which was signed into law in 1970 following the first Earth Day celebration and has been considered a tremendous success since. Nearly 250,000 early deaths had been prevented by 2020 as a result and the percentage of chronic respiratory diseases has decreased.
- Greater Knowledge of Ingredients - The ingredients that make up green cleaning products are non toxic and often very simple and all-natural as well. This makes it fairly easy to recognize the ingredients that are being used around you and your staff.
- Peace of Mind - Using green cleaning services ensures that your business follows all of the best cleaning practices not just for your health, but for the health of the entire planet. There’s no guilt when you go green.
Green Cleaning with Reno-Sparks Janitorial
If living green is important to you or your business has a Green Building Certification, we can use biodegradable environmentally friendly products when providing our janitorial services. Contact us today to set up routine Green Cleaning Services in honor of this year’s Earth Day!